Friday, August 11, 2017

Pathfinder

I really wanted to take the easy way out on this assignment and use a tool that I had used for a past assignment.  I was originally thinking Pearltrees because it was already set up and I knew I liked the feel and look.  But I knew it would be in my best interest to try as many new tools as possible so I went with Lesson Paths.  I wasn't sure how this would work because I didn't like the idea of a set path.  I did not have a set order in which I needed users to access my resources so I didn't want to force them to not only have to follow my path but also have to repeatedly go through the path each time they wanted to review a page.  My fears were washed away when I saw the little side bar that allowed users to jump between and even preview steps.  This little extra really made this tool for me.  I would not have continued on if one had to go through each and every step each and every time.

I mainly used the "write an article" section because I felt it allowed the most freedom.  I was able to add links, photos, and text to one page.  I did have some issues with the photos though.  I was not able to figure out how to change the size of the image or how to change the placement.  Some of the images are in the middle and some are to the left, I could not figure out how this happened.

I luckily looked over the settings before I finished and saw that there was a box to check if you wanted to keep others from having access to edit your path.  I am not sure why someone would open their Pathfinder to this.  What would be the point of letting anyone come along and change your work?  I can understand letting certain people you choose to have editing rights but not all.  I decided against giving all of the internet free access to edit my work.  I could see bad things happening in a middle school if the students found they could change your work.

Here is my Pathfinder:
For the love of books.

http://www.lessonpaths.com/learn/i/for-the-love-of-books/book-sites

I made the audience adult but I got the idea from some of my students who are really fast readers.  I would spend an entire lunch period with them finding 6 or 7 books only to find out they read them all by the next week and I just couldn't keep up with their demands.  They needed more resources to seek our new reads beyond me and these sites sounded nice.  I think I might do a little more research and find sites directed more to Young Adult or Middle Grade for my students.  I am looking at fun sites like Epic Reads for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment