Friday, August 4, 2017

Creating a Flyer

For the first half of this assignment, I used the program Pages on my MacBook Air.  Learning from my annoyance during the brochure project I started with a blank page.  I also enlisted the help of my talented sister.  She drew an adorable owl reading a book.


My sister made this cute little guy


I couldn't resist this little guy for my flyer.  I added some text and tried to add a border to make the image stand out a little more.  My problem with this was the fact that I wasn't able to change the color of the art work.   I remember reading in our text book about using color to create contrast and playing around with text.  I had the hardest time giving up the centered alignment, I don't think I actually did in the end.  I had fun playing around with different fonts and themes but in the end, I ended up with a pretty simple flyer.

For the second part of the assignment, I used Smore.com.  I chose this site because of the analytics.  I think having that sort of data would be helpful in my career.  I would like to know how many people I am reaching.  I only used the free account and I think this might have been a poor decision.  Just about everything I wanted to do was only available with a paid account.

Here is the link
https://www.smore.com/d805s

I wasn't able to figure out how to embed the flyer into my blog.  I tried a few different ways and nothing worked.  I hope the link works.

I felt this one ended up being pretty simple in design but I did love that I could add so many little extras like the map, RSVP, photos, forms, and more.  It was clean and simple to use.  I think I will give the paid account a try at some point.  Right now I am a little too poor.

I also tried Canva just for the fun of it.  I had some fun with this one as well.  I thought the templates were very pretty and easy to plug in my information.  Since this wasn't really part of the assignment, I didn't feel bad about using a template.
I am a little overwhelmed at what I can do but I look forward to creating many awesome flyers this coming school year.  


1 comment:

  1. That owl! That image is "keeper" to use on future projects :)

    ReplyDelete