Monday, August 7, 2017

Book Trailers

I had a lot of fun with this assignment.  I did not use my voice or video but I hope to try those features out someday.  I remember watching book trailers and thinking it would be awesome to make one but I always felt too shy to put my voice or my image (photo or video) to use.  I had a lot of fun with the different themes, photos, and music for my trailer. I was worried that this was going to be way over my head and I was going to be at a complete loss the entire time but it was surprisingly easy to start.  I know I have a lot more to explore but I am excited to try out more, it is not an "I need to look this over more" type of thing, but an "I really want to see what else I can do." type of thing.


First video: https://animoto.com/play/O35Ya1JxJ4SjMwqs1L8acg



The first tool I used was Animoto and this one was incredibly simple to use.  It was so easy to just upload some photos and I was happy with the music already picked for the video, it really was so simple.  I do wish that there was a way to add more text.  I couldn't find anything more than the little title and subtitle page.  Maybe there was a way but I didn't find it.


Second video:https://www.wevideo.com/view/957390242


Using wevideo was a little trickier.  I had some trouble getting things into place and I think that had more to do with my laptop than anything.  I wonder if it would have been easier if I had a mouse to use? Everything just seemed to take more time than when I was using Animoto.  I did feel a lot more professional when using this one. I am not sure why but I think the professional feel might have kept me working on this one.

I think students would need a little extra help getting started but soon after they would enjoy themselves and really feel like they could be making the next big blockbuster movie of the summer.


I hope to use some of these tools in the future either by me making videos for the library or by using them in lessons for the students to make some book trailers.  I am looking forward to exploring more using these tools.  

No comments:

Post a Comment